How effective is advertising?

How effective is advertising?
Is it true that advertising like Shamwow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q39yGLPkMY or

Headon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Nd2e3yjl4

Is advertising effective at stimulating the market to buy?

What about new Brawndo with electrolytes?

None of these ads are effective on me.
I’m jaded. And I’ve been jaded ever since my Sea Monkeys arrived. :winking_face_with_tongue:

What? Do don’t like brine shrimp?

I wanted a monkey to ride on my shoulder on my jetpack. :man_shrugging:

YOU JUST WON! You won SUPER MEGA LOTTO. Here is the preview of the movie you won to see! FREE BRAWNDO with electrolytes

SECRET PREVIEW OF THE MOVIE…

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

If you put Seamonkeys in a can of Brawndo they grow fast. Why ? Brawndo has electrolytes.

Never had them as a kid. Tempted now… :slight_smile: Dang advertising! I don’t watch TV and I don’t get ads on my phone or computer.

WOW! You never had a packet of seamonkeys. Not even as pets?

There’s a fun legal theory (not necessarily accurate, and definitely unlikely to be upheld by a court, but fun) that advertising violates the U.S. antitrust acts, since it clearly would harm a consumer if it convinces them to buy a product that they otherwise wouldn’t buy, and harms competition since the product isn’t being bought that the customer would otherwise prefer.

Good point of view. I have found that most advertising is intentionally deceptive. You know the words: fastest, largest, up to, quality, guaranty, warranty, drive, train, private, privacy, secure, low mileage, bright, healthy, support, instead you get coulda, shoulda, woulda, not covered.